Saturday, June 23, 2012

Momma B's Herbed Cheese Bread


I would have to say my love for cooking has always been there, I just never knew it. One of my most favorite things growing up was coming home from school and smelling something baking in the oven. I think my love for food started when I realized how good my mom's food really was. She always put so much time into preparing our meals and they were always great. 
This cheesy bread recipe is great but I would have to say it must be paired with a soup and lots of butter--I love butter.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup white flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp basil           
  • ½ tsp sage
  • ¼ tsp thyme
  • ¼ cup cold butter
  • egg
  • ½ cup plain yogurt
  • ½ cup milk
Directions
Preheat oven a 400F

Mix the white flour, wheat flour, shredded cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, basil, sage and thyme together.

Add cold butter to mixture with a pastry cutter.

In a separate bowl mix together the egg, yogurt and milk.

Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture gradually.  

Bake at 400F for about 25 min in greased pan.

Bon Appétit!!
-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment