Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Curried Coconut Chicken


I am a huge curry fan but I love coconut even more! I was craving something asian the other day and I knew what kind of flavors I wanted. I came across this recipe and the reviews were amazing. Everyone raved about how simple yet how good this recipe is.

The ingredients are quite simple. I think next time I will try adding some pineapple and some green peppers in the mix. I'll let you know how it turns out! This recipe can be eaten as a soup or it can be served over rice.

Ingredients

Source:All Recipes

  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups of white rice
  • Coconut Flakes (optional)

  • Directions
  1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
  3. Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
  4. Serve over rice and top with coconut flakes and/or cashews!

Enjoy !!
-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment