Thursday, June 21, 2012

Deceiving Roasted Curried Cauliflower

Looks can be deceiving.

The title can be deceiving.

Heck, cauliflower can be deceiving, especially this one!

I have to say, I am not a cauliflower lover, but this one I can eat anytime. Did you know that roasting cauliflower makes it sweet? Mixed with curry, cumin, coriander, and paprika...oh man it is a real treat!

Next time cauliflower goes on sale, make this as a side vegetable, you will not regret it!

Ingredients:
Modified from epicurious recipes
Makes 4 sides
  • 1 large cauliflower head, chopped into florets (about 3-4 cups)
  • 1 half onion, peeled and quartered
  • 1/4 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/4 tsp cumin powder
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbs + 1 tsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 3/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Evenly spread out cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet. Spread the onion all over the baking sheet.
  3. Mix the remainder of the ingredients, and poor over the cauliflower and onions.
  4. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

How did you love it?
Bon Appetit!
Cathy


My sister and I will be reunited TOMORROW!!! I cannot wait!




1 comment:

  1. Tried it last night, I wish I would have made more, it was fantastic and so tasty. I really enjoy your blog because it's recipes that you've tried...Love you!

    ReplyDelete