Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oven Roasted Potatoes


We make oven roasted potatoes often. My potatoes are always very different from Blake's. His are fried, so of course they probably taste a little better. I like to bake mine. I tried a new recipe that I found here at all recipes. It had a high rating, so I gave them a whirl.

LOTS of herbs!



1/8 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (left this out)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (this was my addition)
  • (rosemary would be good here too if you want)
  • 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used 8-10 mini white potatoes, a lot of the reviews suggest using red potatoes with the peel on)

  1. Preheat your oven to 475
  2. Combine all the herb/spice ingredients in a bowl and mix it up
  3. Add your cubed potatoes and mix until fully coated
  4. Place on a large cookie sheet (I always place them on foil to save the mess)
  5. Bake 20-30 minutes, turn them occasionally to roast all sides.

Do you have a favorite roasted potato recipe? How did you like these ones. I love how much flavor they had. We ate them with steamed green beaned and pork souvlaki, delish!

1 comment:

  1. I used to put the onion mix on it but I didn't have it one day and happened to have a ranch packet... they were YUMMY! So now we just do ranch potatoes.

    - Bethany

    ReplyDelete