Friday, January 27, 2012

Grapefruit Heaven

Oh my goodness. Seriously. I love grapefruits. But a warm grapefruit with brown sugar and cinammon...tops it. This is seriously the best/easiest recipe ever. Found it on Kristy's website and when I saw it I knew I had to try it. It's something you could have for breakfats but it's so good that it could quite possibly be the healthiest dessert on the planet. Hope you enjoy it, cause I sure did !!



Ingredients
2 large grapefruit
2 tbsp brown sugar  
Dash of cinnamon
1 cup of plain yogurt

Preheat oven to broil. 

1.  Cut each grapefruit in half crosswise.  Using a small knife or paring knife, loosen grapefruit segments by cutting along the rind and between each segment. Make sure not to cute too deep puncturing through the rind. 
2.  Line a baking sheet with foil and place the grapefruit halves on the sheet, citrus side up. 
3.  Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp brown sugar over each grapefruit half, then top each with a dash of cinnamon. 
4.  Broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until tops brown slightly. 
5.  Top each grapefruit half with an 1/8 cup yogurt (more if desired)  and serve while hot. 

-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment