Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crab Meat Pasta Salad

I know it really isn't the time of year for pasta salad or crab meat but I was craving some pasta salad over the weekend. I began my search for the perfect pasta salad when I found this...packed with veggies, seafood and peas? Who would have thought. I decided to give it a shot and I loved the results. Some of the ingredients seem a little odd together but I promise you that you must put all the ingredients to make it work. I made a few changes but most of it is the same. Hope you enjoy!!






 

 

Ingredients                                                                                          by: Corwynn Darkholme

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
  • 8 ounces rotini pasta
  • 1 cup crabmeat
  • 1 cup broccoli florets, parboiled
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions


  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for time indicated on package. Drain, rinse and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Italian dressing and cheese and blend well.
  3. Add peas, pasta, crabmeat, broccoli, pepper, tomato and onions. Toss gently to mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hour

If you're someone who likes a lot of dressing I would suggest making more of the mayo and italian 
dressing mixture for the pasta salad.

-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment