Monday, January 23, 2012

Herb Butter Penne with Salmon


Good morning! New week, new recipes, and warmer weather here in Canada, thank goodness!

Remember when I made those oven roasted tomatoes, and completely butchered them? Well, I had made them for a reason, to make this "Quick and Easy Herb-Butter Penne with Salmon" from the ladies over at OurBestBites.

Now you can't see them in my picture, and that's because I was almost out of tomatoes, so I didn't get to put in as many as I had hoped for. BUT, I LOVED the tomatoes that were in there, they go so well with the salmon.

One thing, this is only "quick and easy" if you make the oven roasted tomatoes in advance, cause those takes quite a while, but worth it (if you don't turn them into charcoal like I did, that is).

The salmon turned out perfect: it was moist, flaky, and had good flavors. Simple and delicious!

Here's how I did their recipe:


  • 1 lbs salmon filet (I just defrosted 4 frozen individual salmon filets that I got at food basics--canadian grocery store)
  • 1/4 cup salted butter
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp parsley
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 8 ounces penne pasta (about 3 cups of dry noodles)
  • 3/4 cup mashed oven roasted tomatoes
  1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions
  2. Heat a frying pan to medium. Rinse the salmon filets and pat dry, set aside.
  3. In a small bowl, melt the butter, and add the garlic, parsley, oregano, and basil. Use 2 Tbs of this mixture and brush over both sides of the salmon. Place on the pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until it flakes apart with a fork. (OurBestBite ladies suggest to do it in the oven preheated at 425 for 10-12 minutes).
  4. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it, return to the pot, and mix in the butter mix and the oven roasted tomatoes.
  5. Serve each person with some pasta with a piece of salmon on top!

I also made this with a slight twist, and I will post about that another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment