Friday, March 16, 2012

Whole Wheat Pancakes

These pancakes bring me back to my freshman year of University. My roommate Meagan (who has a scrapbook design business of her own) quite often would be our little mom, wake up earlier than the rest of us, and make us these pancakes or cinnamon rolls. I have always LOVED these and have been making them ever since.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup white flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 5 Tbs oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • Chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
  1. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
  2. Add the wet to the dry, and mix until combined.
  3. Lightly oil your non-stick pan, and drop about 1/4 cup of batter at a time.
  4. When the surface starts to bubble, flip it for another 30 seconds-1 minute.
  5. Serve with fresh fruit, malpy syrup, and whatever other toppings you love.

We make these for 2 adults and 2 kids, and have some leftovers. I love leftovers!

For your enjoyment, here we are, freshman year roommates. Boy did we have fun...
 Chef Meagan is the pimpette up there to the left (Meag you crack me up) and next to me on my birthday!


Enjoy!
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Love it Kat! Thanks for the walk down memory lane! love those photos! and I am no longer an early bird! But I'll have to have these again sometime soon and think of you guys!

    ReplyDelete