Friday, March 2, 2012

Sweet and Sour Chicken



So I love Asian food and I love going to Panda Express. I went to Panda earlier this week and I was craving sweet and sour chicken which is why I made it this week.This recipe is super simple and super good!! I'm telling you you must try this and you will be impressed with the amount of time it took you to make it and how good it was. I got there original recipe from here but I did change a few things up. Hope you like it !!

Ingredients

  • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbs. corn starch
  • 1 1/2 green bell peppers, diced
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 Onion, chopped
  • 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
  • 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken meat, cut into strips


  • Directions
  1. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, blend reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar. Mix in corn starch, and stir until thickened.
  2. Stir bell peppers, celery, onion and water chestnuts into the saucepan. Mix in chicken. Cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the pineapple chunks before serving.

Enjoy !!
-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment