Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pepperoni Cheese String Roll Ups

Can you guys believe it's already August?? I can't!! This summer has just flown by!!

This is a very quick and easy snack for kids or adults who wish they were still kids. Lately I have been eating pepperoni like it's my job. It's so fun to just pop those slices right into your mouth.

I made these before but I never thought to put a butter glaze on top. Man am I glad I did. Now I don't recommend this as a normal snack for kids but I'm sure they will be thrilled when you surprise them with this!


Ingredients
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything

  • 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 4 cheese sticks, halved
  • 1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
  • marinara or ranch sauce for dipping (optional)

Garlic Butter Glaze:

  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Take each triangle of crencent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.

While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. 

When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.


Enjoy!!

-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment