Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Skillet Penne Broccoli Chicken

This is one of my favourites, and I make it all the time. Every time I make it, Blake says, wow this is good, have you make this before?! Ummm yes, like every other week, but ok.

Tip: So I use a timer religiously for this recipe, and it always turns out perfect and the noodles are al dente just how I love them!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lbs chicken breast (sometimes I do it with tofu, or half chicken half tofu, and it's so good), diced up
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 Tbs butter, divided
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like spicy)
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 8 ounces of dry penne (about 2 1/2 cups)
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 bunch broccoli, no stems, only florets
  • 1-12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and chopped (if I don't have this on hand, I broil a red pepper until the skin turns black, let it steam in a closed container, then peel off the skin)
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Instructions:
  1. Cook chicken partially, 4 minutes, in 1 Tbs butter. Set aside.
  2. In a large skillet (I mean large) over medium high heat, melt 1 Tbs butter, onions, red pepper flakes, oregano, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, fry for 15 seconds.
  3. Add dry penne, broth, and creams. Cover and bring to a boil-- 5 minutes.
  4. Reduce to medium-low heat, add broccoli and roasted red peppers/ Cover, simmer, and stir occasionally--8 minutes.
  5. Stir in the chicken, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
  6. Stir in the last Tbs of butter, and parmesan cheese.
  7. Serve and ENJOY!!
I just love this dish.

Bon Appétit!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment