Friday, May 18, 2012

BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad


This salad is a keeper! Cathy and I made it together a few weeks ago while she was visiting Utah. I used to work at California Pizza Kitchen and I swear it tastes just like the one from there. I used to always get this salad at the end of my shift and now I will probably be making it all summer! It is super quick and easy and a nice break from something hot for dinner!



Ingredients

  • 1/2 head of Iceberg Lettuce, chopped
  • 1 bunch of Mixed greens
  • 1/3 cup of Ranch
  • 2 red vine Tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 Avocado, pitted &chopped
  • 1 can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can of Corn, drained
  • 1/2 small Red Onion, chopped
  • 1 cup of cooked Chicken, chopped
  • BBQ Sauce

(ha, now I know why it's called BBQ Chicken chopped Salad-- everything is chopped in this salad!)

Directions
Toss the iceberg lettuce and mixed greens in the ranch so it covers all the salad
Add the tomatoes, avocado, black beans, corn, red onion and chicken over the salad
Drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce on top and dig in

Enjoy !!
-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment