Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baked Haddock {dinner idea}

Sometimes all I need is an idea of what to make for dinner! I wanted to cook fish the other night, but didn't know what I wanted to pair it with. This is what I came up with and thought I'd share so that you busy ladies and gents out there don't have to rack your brains like I used to go at about 4pm every evening!

Menu: Baked haddock (mine was frozen), steamed green beans, and sidekicks (any kind you prefer)

Yes simple and a little help from our knorr friends, but quick and hassle free.


Ingredients for Baked Haddock:

  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1.5 Tbs parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 tsp ground dried thyme
  • 4 pieces of haddock fillet
  • 1.5 Tbs melted butter
  • Lemon juice (optional)
  1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F.
  2. Mix up the milk and salt in one bowl and the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and thyme in another bowl.
  3. Dip your thawed haddocks in the milk, then the bread crumb mixture. Place them in a glass baking dish. Drizzle with the melted butter.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes, until the outside develops a nice crisp. Place them on a cookie rack for a few minutes to cool and to prevent soggy bottom.
  5. Serve with green beans and sidekicks. Squeeze with lemon juice if you want!

**I found the recipe here, but found it was way too much for the haddock to dip in, and I threw most of it away. If you need more batter for larger haddock fillets, just use their recipe since it's tripled.

Enjoy!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment