Friday, February 17, 2012

Mediterranean tuna salad

This is a Momma B original, so you know it'll be good. I've been eating this for lunch for years! And every-time I love it even more. My husband, who is not a fish lover, loves having this for lunch. The red wine vinegar masks a lot of the fishy flavor that tuna usually has. This is one of my favorite keeper recipes.

  • 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 2-9 ounce cans of tuna, drained
  • 2 Tbs chopped black olives
  • 2 Tbs finely chopped red bell pepper
  • 2 Tbs sliced green onions
  1. Mix up the mayo, oregano, and vinegar
  2. Add the drained tuna, olives, red peppers, and green onions. Mix well.
Serve this on a toasted bagel, or just whole wheat bread, with cheese if you'd like. I also add a slice of tomato on there, do what you want, and I want this right now!!


Enjoy,
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Yes that is my favorite tuna sandwich for lunch, I like also the pita pizza.....hint, hint!!! Love your blog girls, you are the best daughters...X0X

    ReplyDelete