Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hubby's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I came home from a walk with my girl friends the other night [with a frozen face and frozen legs] and my husband was waiting to watch our show together with freshly baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. 
BOOYEA!!!!!! It's official, he's my favourite.
I quickly changed into my pyjamas, wrapped 3 blankets around me, and snuggled up on the couch with 3 cookies and a large glass of milk. Not to my surprise (cause you see, Blake is an awesome food-maker, cause he is an at-heart food-lover), they were amazing. In fact, I am about to eat another one for my afternoon snack. Jealous? Go make them ;)


Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
INGREDIENTS______________________________________________________________________
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup oats (we use quick oats)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS_______________________________________________________________________
  1. Preheat the oven at 325.
  2. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients.
  4. Mix in the oatmeal and chocolate chips. Place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until slightly golden (keep an eye out so they're just perfect to your liking).


Enjoy--with a tall glass a milk!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment